Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes
Courtesy of Ohio Pork Council
- 1 1/3 lbs pork loin
- 1 yellow onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can petit cut diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce your favorite brand
- 12 oz beer
- 1 15 oz can white cannellini beans drained
- 1 15 oz can white corn drained
- Fritos and shredded cheddar cheese for serving
Place the pork loin in a 6 or 8 quart slow cooker.
Top with the onions, tomatoes, liquid smoke, all the seasonings (salt through cayenne pepper), barbecue sauce and beer. Stir to combine.
Cover the slow cooker and cook the pork on LOW for 6 – 8 hours.
Remove the pork loin to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the meat. Remove any visible fat and discard.
Return the pulled pork to the sauce in the slow cooker. Add the drained beans and corn. Stir well to combine.
Place the lid back on the slow cooker and heat on HIGH for at least 30 minutes – or up to 1 hour.