Question on Smidley Scales

All things showpig related, general show pig questions
bigbuck

Question on Smidley Scales

Post by bigbuck » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Is there any type of conversion kit to change them from the dial to digital? I have searched but found nothing. Thanks for any help.

hampy622
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Post by hampy622 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:51 pm

You would have to buy a digital scale you can mount it on the bottom. Would pretty much have to gut the scale. Sell the smidley and buy a digital you can get a 1000lb one for under 400 dollars and make a platform. Why do you want to get rid of the smidley? I love mine just as accurate as a digital, actually dead on.

RTJHS
Power User
Power User

Re: Question on Smidley Scales

Post by RTJHS » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 pm

I just noticed on Smidleys Facebook page that they are now offering a conversion kit to switch from the dial to digital. Has anyone done this and if so what was the cost? I am going to try to find out some more info but was curious if anyone had checked into it yet.

RTJHS
Power User
Power User

Re: Question on Smidley Scales

Post by RTJHS » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:07 am

Just spoke with Martin Manufacturing and they are offering a conversion kit. The price is 775.00. The digital head is from Brecknell. They said they have completed a lot of testing on this to ensure it works. For anyone who is going to the Farm Science Review in Ohio they are going to have some of them there on display to show how they work.