Lindner feed

Basic nutrition information, show pig, sow, and boar feeding advice
rettu

Lindner feed

Post by rettu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:58 am

I have been contemplating switching from Sunglo to Lindner Feed. I currently pay about 16.00 per bag for Sunglo. I called about Lindner 672 and the cheapest I can find is about 24.00 bag. I have had good luck with Sunglo up until this year and the Feed quality was terrible. For those that feed Lindner, does this price sound correct? I live in Ohio and do not have a lot of dealers around me. Is the Feed that much better to pay an additional 7.00 per bag? Is there something special about Lindner that I am missing here?

oldbrickhouse

Re: Lindner feed

Post by oldbrickhouse » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 pm

I too live in Ohio and fed Sunglo. I did experiment with Linder this year and I still can't say I saw a difference. What was it about the feed quality you didn't like or saw?

sailfish
Power User
Power User

Re: Lindner feed

Post by sailfish » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Both are good feeds, I use Lindner 632 as a starter and switch over to Sunglo grower when the pig shows it is ready. I sure wouldn't switch and pay more for Lindner grower than you do for Sunglo grower, if you have access to both use what is cheaper because there both pretty equal, as far as Sunglo quality you should probably have a talk with your feed dealer about the freshness. I usually see a trend in the south where the grower feeds are all a little stale no matter what brand you buy until about mid october when pig feed sales spike and the old inventory sitting on the feed stores floor is moved out.