Nutrena show edge

Basic nutrition information, show pig, sow, and boar feeding advice
ALLEFT
Power User
Power User

Nutrena show edge

Post by ALLEFT » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Anyone have any experience with show edge pig feed from nutrena? Always used nutrena feed on our steers growing up but don't have too much experience with feeding hogs. Wondering if their hog feed is any good.

dolfan31
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Re: Nutrena show edge

Post by dolfan31 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 pm

I would not feed Show edge, it is pretty poor feed. I have seen lots of families feed it around here because of the low price. These are always the families that struggle to make weight, finish towards the bottom of classes and they have to feed several more bags of feed during the project than the families feeding a high quality feed. They end up not saving nearly as much money as they thought they would because having to feed more bags

ALLEFT
Power User
Power User

Re: Nutrena show edge

Post by ALLEFT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:01 am

Here in Hawaii alot of people feed nutrena. I grew up feeding their feed to you hogs and steers and never had any trouble. Now that my daughter is starting 4H I am looking at what else is out there. I am limited on what I can buy. I am trying to figure out a way that I can get some Purina show chow in my area but am having trouble. I may have to feed nutrena.