CREEP FEEDING...need help determining what to feed in the crate!

Basic nutrition information, show pig, sow, and boar feeding advice
CourtKat

CREEP FEEDING...need help determining what to feed in the crate!

Post by CourtKat » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:45 am

We have a litter of 6 day old piglets. We are going to introduce creep feed soon. We will be feeding our piglets Moorman feed products throughout their post-weaning days. However, I have heard great things about Purina's Ultra Care Creep Feed. My question is this...would it be best to start creep feeding with the Ultra Care Creep Feed at about 10 days old, then switch to Moorman's Pre-Starter a few days before weaning and continue the Moorman's products? Or should we use Moorman's Pre-Starter as a creep feed at 10 days old? Didn't know if Moorman's Pre-Starter was actually considered a creep feed or not! My other concern is if we use Purina's Ultra Care then transition to Moorman's Pre-Starter, would it cause digestive issues? Any thoughts or best practices would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Silverstar

Re: CREEP FEEDING...need help determining what to feed in the crate!

Post by Silverstar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:40 pm

this year we switched to moorman's feed , this litter that is 4weeks old has been on their pre-starter since 7days old . so far the transition hasn't been an issue they took to it easily and have gained well on it. in about another week we will be on the burst starter and i don't anticipate any issues .although after a tough round of ulcers in the previous litter we have kept alfalfa available for them as well.