Feeding Recommendations

Basic nutrition information, show pig, sow, and boar feeding advice
showtime777

Feeding Recommendations

Post by showtime777 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:50 pm

Hello! I did competitive swine showing 20+ years ago. Show pig 100 and Paylean was the thing lol. Now reading into everything and getting back into the field as my son is now in FFA. Got a pig today from the breeder. They are feeding ShowRite 17.9. He mentioned to use ShowRite Charged up from here on out. We have a bag of 17.9 and Charged Up, so he said mix the two for now then keep on ChargedUp. We got a female hamp and weights 78.2lbs. We are 104 days out to weight in for the fair. I enjoy reading post and want to continue feeding ShowRite. Just wanting to get some guidance about the feed. Should I keep on automatic feed until about 100-115 still? And also, when do I start adding in supplements to make the pig pop where it needs to be? I see some products from show rite as well. Also, is ChargedUp good enough or should I change it up? I know it is based on how the pig looks. Any guidance is good for me, as I am an open man. When from the at field to healthcare field and things sure have changed in 20 years. I wanted to post pictures as well, but not sure on how to do that. Thanks@