Bred Guilt not Showing

Breeding questions, sow talk, semen management, baby pig basics
KellyKidShowPigs

Bred Guilt not Showing

Post by KellyKidShowPigs » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:08 pm

We A.I.'d our gilt back in September. She has never came back into heat cycle since we bred her. However, she is not showing any signs of being pregnant. She's not bellying at all like our other gilt did. She a bigger pig probably in the 400lb range. Had a friend of mine tone check her this weekend and she tested positive. She's due Friday. Any thoughts?

GrubaughSG
Power User
Power User

Re: Bred Guilt not Showing

Post by GrubaughSG » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I have a poland gilt that is in the crate right now that is due thursday. She never came back in heat and we preg-toner her within the first month and the readings came back pretty good. Her belly never dropped and she just started dropping her teats on monday.Will keep you informed on how things turn out. Good Luck

KellyKidShowPigs

Re: Bred Guilt not Showing

Post by KellyKidShowPigs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm

GrubaughSG wrote:I have a poland gilt that is in the crate right now that is due thursday. She never came back in heat and we preg-toner her within the first month and the readings came back pretty good. Her belly never dropped and she just started dropping her teats on monday.Will keep you informed on how things turn out. Good Luck
Good Luck. Moving mine into crate tonight just to be on the safe side. I would rather confine her for a few weeks than have her drop piglets outside.