True Glo vs True Guardian

Breeding questions, sow talk, semen management, baby pig basics
abelkrista
Power User
Power User

True Glo vs True Guardian

Post by abelkrista » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:07 am

HogDoc, can you explain the differences between these 2 supplements. The website says Guardian is for breeding stock, but somewhere in this forum I have read posts the True Glow is good startng 2 weeks prior to farrow. I wonder if that party was prior to Guardians introduction to the line? However Glo is more expensive (which I realize doesn't mean better) but makes me wonder if it has more "stuff" in it.

We will farrow mid March and would like to start her on a probiotic prior to help with stress and immune system/gut health. Will it also help to keep her stools lose or make them firmer? In humans probiotics often constipated you...
I was also researching adding Lindner Priority 1 to add to rations for gestational feeding, and using Trans Rite Sow prior to farrowing. Want to be sure that I am not double dipping/dosing if I add these 2 products along with the True North supplement.

Thanks in advance

HogDoc
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Re: True Glo vs True Guardian

Post by HogDoc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 am

TrueGlo does have more "stuff" but it's really meant for show stock rather than breeding. We do have some customers that feed it to sows in farrowing but Guardian does that job with a lower cost.

Guardian doesn't really have a probiotic component. It does provide prebiotic but there aren't any live bugs in the formula. It is mostly a way to deliver our immune support product (PreVent) We did add a fair amount more MOS from yeast to help with some of the corn issues we've seen the last couple years. The one thing it has that will affect the stool is Micro Aid which helps reduce ammonia creation.

Ive never used Priority One but what I understand it's mostly a laxative and Transrite is a source of calcium so they won't be double dipping if you use all three together.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson

True North Technologies
www.goinshowin.com
https://www.facebook.com/TrueGlo

abelkrista
Power User
Power User

Re: True Glo vs True Guardian

Post by abelkrista » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Thank you!