PBG open house berks

Boar discussion, boar stud events, boar promotion
mtbkmom
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

PBG open house berks

Post by mtbkmom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:08 am

How much color does Whatever It Takes have on his right side, rear end, under belly? What he has on his left is almost too much for me. Also if you can figure his teat line count. Thx. Diane
"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."--I Am Second.

bcbully
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Re: PBG open house berks

Post by bcbully » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 am

I would like to know about the following boars:

Berk - Monopoly and What Ever it Takes

Chester - Stone Cold

Duroc - First Class

Cross - Center Stage, Distinct and VIP
Brian

Rway
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Post by Rway » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Not a judge and I don't pretend to be one. Once the rain made it through PBG brought out a nice group of boars.

Berks - Monopoly impressed me the most. Ted really spoke up - Whatever it takes. It has some very nice elements but I was still won over by Monopoly.

First Class was very nice duroc, lots of body and a very nice look. Had hoped that he would show a little more reach in the front and more drive off the back legs. Seemed just not to have the flexibility of some of the outstanding duroc boars.

Cash - was a decent new hog, with very good reach and body.

Charge Up - has a lot of center and would work well with a gilt that needs to throw something with a shorter length of body with lots of center.

Visionary - still looks very good.

Distinct - I felt was tall fronted and good leg structure.

Centerstage - The WPX champion is a nice boar, great package, good legs, good rib shape.

Horizon - was a nice moving hog and has a real nice look - if you are in search of a blue hog, he may be a nice boar to use.

Exclusive - impressed me, lots of rib and body, may clearly become one of their better hogs over this breeding season.

Ted feels that - Lethal - is one of the best hamps he has had in the boar stud. I felt he was very uniform from what I saw. Having seen him show at Louisville, he tends to carry a good amount of muscle and seems to be very good on the front and back legs. Hard to compare him because he is a young hog, but I would agree he should be a good boar for hamp breeders to use.

Of the polands brought out, I was really sold on Perfect 10. But that was due to the mass that I think he can bring to the breed, obviously mass is not something everyone wants, but in my case he has what I need in my Polands. My only question that I need to get answered is a birthdate on him. He carries the size of a much older boar, but in a younger package. He is on my short list.

The cross that gave me the most wow factor was - Mogul. I liked everything about him. Having had a Mogul barrow this year, I was excited to see how he has turned out over the last year, and I can say without a doubt he is better overall than his brother (Tycoon) and impressed me the most of all the cross hogs there. IMO

Just my opinions.

The following hogs were brought out (sorry if I missed one)
Berks:
What Ever it Takes
Monoploy
Thriller
Black Byrd
Godzilla
Chester:
Stone Cold
Duroc:
First Class
Spitting Image
Cross:
Visionary
Distinct
Horizon
Exclusive
VIP
Mogul
Cash
Boot Camp
Tycoon
Future
Outlier
Top Shelf
Ice Man
Charged Up
Hamp:
Lethal
The Sheriff
Centerstage
Landrace:
Bad Cat
Poland:
Roid Rage
Perfect Storm
Perfect 10
First Sight
Spot:
Radioactive
Smokey
Empire
Yorks:
Chaos
Hammer
The Prophet
Premonition

Pigkid1314

Post by Pigkid1314 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:44 am

I was at the open house and monopoly impressed me more than whatever it takes

mtbkmom
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Post by mtbkmom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Just had a Monopoly litter. They were the right size, right color, very active in the crate, tall on their front end, spread to their shoulders, nice round shape going through their center...got 2 barrows and 6 (count them...6) gilts. Make for nice Jr breeding shows. They are just 1 week old and I'm real pleased with the direction they are headed.
"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."--I Am Second.