[?]s

Hair and skin, show pig training tips, equipment discussion, what you need to get started
eat_sleep_show
Power User
Power User

[?]s

Post by eat_sleep_show » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Okay, so obviously everyone on here loves pigs and would go to extremes to get to one show to the next. One of the biggest goals I have at these shows is my showmanship. I am always trying to better myself in the show ring, regardless of what the type judge decides during the day. So what I am wondering is what is some of the most unusual questions that you have been asked during your show experience. Well even if it wasn?t that unusual, what was one of the hardest questions you?ve been asked. Oh yeah, also one of the most ridiculous tasks.

Mine would have to be for questions, how big was the average width of the loin on a finished hog. Answer: 7 inches
Tasks: The judge set up two chairs in the ring and had us make a figure 8 around the chairs.

KKSHOWPIGS

Post by KKSHOWPIGS » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:14 pm

The LEA average ranges from judge to judge but your safe with 7. As for the the task of walking a figure 8. Not that uncommon at all. Past 4 years the judges we have had at our county fair has made our top showman walk the 8 without crossing in front of him. Just make sure your relaxed when you show thats the main thing to concentrate on.
"Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do”