How to protect skin from sunburn

Hair and skin, show pig training tips, equipment discussion, what you need to get started
cashmere
Power User
Power User

How to protect skin from sunburn

Post by cashmere » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:19 am

Hey guys I have a white showpig that was born in my farrowing house and I have kept her in there for about 3 months. Whats the best way to make sure she dosent get sunburnt when I move her outside.
Thanks

piglover106

Re: How to protect skin from sunburn

Post by piglover106 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:13 am

You can use regular sunblock like you would use yourself. We use it and have not had a problem with sun burns. If it does develop a sun burn still, there are multiple lotions you can use to help it heal faster.

cracklethepiglet
Power User
Power User

Post by cracklethepiglet » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:25 pm

I was worried about this too because I had a Yorkshire this past year. Before using human sunscreen, consult with your vet to make sure it's okay. I used a livestock sunscreen by Sullivan's. It was a bit pricey, but she didn't get sunburned! Also, try housing them in a shady part of your yard. If you can't get a shady part, you'll have to build a covering of sorts. If you don't want to spend money on sunscreen, try to take her out for exercise in the early morning or afternoon/when the sun isn't very bright. Also, read this article: http://goldenplains.colostate.edu/4h/4h ... _sun.shtml

Have fun with your piggy! :D
Crackle the Piglet :D

Cathy77

Post by Cathy77 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 pm

piglover106 wrote:You can use regular sunblock like you would use yourself. We use it and have not had a problem with sun burns. If it does develop a sun burn still, [url=http://%20www.shuttle-paris-airports.com/]paris taxi Airport[/url] there are multiple lotions you can use to help it heal faster.
hi
even when the pig skin was not the same man!
plus I will not waste my cream for that :geek: