show circuit

Hair and skin, show pig training tips, equipment discussion, what you need to get started
showman

show circuit

Post by showman » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:25 am

Has anyone heard about the show circuit for this summer.are they still having it or are they doing away with it

OJSPA

Post by OJSPA » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:53 am

There is still going to be a circuit. Shows are going to be as follows:

Memorial day weekend - Scarlet and Gray
June 3 - Blue and Gold - Springfield
June 4 - Nothin butt the best - Springfield
June 10 - Urbana
June 11 - Farrow to Finish - Troy
JUne 18 - Buckeye Showoff - Eaton

Still trying to get a few more.

THe only difference this year is that I am not going to try and do it myself. I will still help with it but as far as the funding for all the ads, the prizes, etc. Not my hip pocket this year. I will still give all the support to this as I can. I have heard numerous good things about it and want to see it continue.

Call me if you have any questions. I have already heard from four new families that want in.

THe only things that I am recommending new for this year to be decided by the committee of adults and kids that have agreed or volunteered to help is as follows.

Points given to top two pigs at each show like the winter circuit. I did six last year to model Indiana. But that apparently did not work with people.

All purebred gilts will be shown by Birthday and must have a pedigree accompaning the pig to help maintain breed integrity.

Just got the last of the prizes confirmed and am waiting on them to get back from the engraver and embroidery shop. I will have this stuff in my truck. If you see me at sales, ask me and I will get your prizes if they are finsihed. I will let you know when I pick up the last order.

Dwayne