Anyone planning to attend the World Pork Expo?

Hair and skin, show pig training tips, equipment discussion, what you need to get started
4Hmom

Anyone planning to attend the World Pork Expo?

Post by 4Hmom » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:09 pm

This will be our first year traveling out of state for a pig show. Wondered if anyone had suggestions on traveling, what to bring, what not to forget? Any experience with this building that would be useful when arriving? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am a worry wart and can just think something will go wrong!! :roll:

Also, just as a survey - what will most of you be showing? Barrows or gilts? Are they older or Fall birthdates? We are just bringing our county fair pigs we bought mostly gilts.

hogman_02

Post by hogman_02 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:47 pm

Hey There, I hope the gilts are doing good. Mine still look really good. I just wanted to let you know that I am planning on attending this show, which you probably already knew. Anyway, Talk To Ya Later! Cody Brock

4Hmom

Post by 4Hmom » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:54 pm

That's because you have that magic feed!! :wink: They are doing great and were very happy to have their brother come live with them! It's funny, he seems to have more length, but they have the hindend! First jackpot coming up in over a week, I'll let you know how much money we won!! :D

tolka

Re: Anyone planning to attend the World Pork Expo?

Post by tolka » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:13 am

Purebred gilt show for Hampshires, Durocs, Landrace, and Yorkshires. Showmanship contest, Judging contest, skillathon, speaking contest, photography contest,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!

showgirls

Re: Anyone planning to attend the World Pork Expo?

Post by showgirls » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Yeah, we're going. It's one of my favorite shows. I'm from Oklahoma, so it's kind of a long drive but sooo worth it. I'm bringing some Spot gilts that I raised.
I would bring some bags because there's a lot of random stuff for free that we always bring back.
Good Luck!!

(BTW, The food id really good. Pork literally goes with anything!)