Showmanship Judges

Hair and skin, show pig training tips, equipment discussion, what you need to get started
pigparent

Showmanship Judges

Post by pigparent » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Trying to find some info on David Ammann. He's judging showmanship in Denver and I am having trouble finding anything regarding the style of showmanship he likes or how he works his showmanship competitions. Thanks.

hogger39
Power User
Power User

Re: Showmanship Judges

Post by hogger39 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Couldn't find anything on what he likes, but I have found that he is a show pig breeder. Typed his name into google and swine after his name was the first thing that came up. With this, I can tell he must have a big operation going, more that likely a largely recognized breeder also. The first year I showed, the judge picked 300# hogs and later we found out that they were the hogs from his barn. Be on the lookout for this. Simply dress nice, show nice, eyes on the judge, and smile as you stay in the rings longer. Works well. If your pig is driving nice, just show the pig. If you are in a second set of people to be judged, make sure to watch who he picks. Do your own thing and show with all the knowledge you have. Good Luck. Hope this helps at least a little bit.