840 USDA Tags
Reminder: All swine exhibited at the 2022 Ohio State Fair require 840 USDA Tags
Which types of 840 USDA Tags are accepted?
- • EID and non-EID tags are accepted.
- • An 840 USDA Tag from the breeder you purchased your animal from is acceptable.
- • An 840 USDA Tag from your farm is acceptable.
Where should the tag be placed?
- • The preferred ear is the right ear, however both ears will be accepted.
- • It is against the law to remove an 840 USDA Tag from an animal, and an animal should only have one 840 USDA Tag.
- • Only USDA & County Fair tags should be in the ears of your swine. All other tags MUST be removed prior to arrival.
How can I get an 840 USDA Tag?
- • If you do not have any 840 USDA Tags, please contact your local veterinarian or contact Todd Price at North Central Veterinary Services 419-927-2568.
- • PLEASE NOTE: A majority of the ear tag suppliers are 6 to 8 weeks out on production of ear tags. Call and purchase your tags or consult with your veterinarian ASAP.
Premise ID is required for an 840 USDA Tag
- • You need to have a Premise ID. If you do not have a Premise ID, please contact Cindy Bodie at the Ohio Department of Agriculture to get one. You must fill out and attach the Premise Registration Form | Ohio Department of Agriculture when you email Cindy at email@example.com.
- • Your Premise ID will be collected at time of entry. Please make sure that you apply in plenty of time to receive your Premise ID.
Don’t forget! The Ohio State Fair entry deadline is JUNE 21, 2022 at 1 p.m.! The tag numbers and Premise ID are required for entry.
Visit ohiostatefair.com to see the current fair book and livestock schedule.