How to calm my pig.

All things showpig related, general show pig questions
nshadle31

How to calm my pig.

Post by nshadle31 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:16 pm

I have a very good hamp that I got for san angelo and its attitude has progressively gotten worse. I work with him about 20 minutes for the past 2 months and nothing has changed. I showed him not too long ago and he freaked out I tried the amount of pig paste it says to use and it didn't work, I need any advice possible on how to calm my pig so I can drive him without him getting angry.

mtbkmom
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Re: How to calm my pig.

Post by mtbkmom » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:37 am

Have never used it but the Oxy-gen folks have a product called oxy-calm. You can give it in paste form like at a show about an hour before showing (I think that's the time). OR you can give a pelleted form with a loading 7 day dose and then maintenance dose or have the option to continue the animal at the loading dose amount. States it helps with animals resistant to training, easily distracted, and something else. Sounds like this might be worth a try. If you try it, please blog back and let me know if you think it made any difference. Or maybe someone on this site has tried it before. Did it work or not.

oxyinfo.com gets you to the web site.
"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."--I Am Second.