Show barn

All things showpig related, general show pig questions
SB farm
Power User
Power User

Show barn

Post by SB farm » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Looking to build a new building for our boys show pigs. What something more functional and that works better than the old semi trailer we used this year . Anyone ever put up a metal building? Like the all steel carport. It would be totally enclosed and like a shed only metal framing..... thanks!

PJP
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Re: Show barn

Post by PJP » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 am

I am sold on the carports because they include the labor. I ordered 2 of them a crew of 2 workers showed up at 6:00 in the evening worked about 3 hours until dark slept in their truck on my property got up about 6:00 and finished by 6:00 that evening. They actually put up 3 carports because they had an extra one on their truck and didn't want to haul it back so they sold it to me for half price. In addition they gave me several pieces of square tubing and several metal panels. You can order them completely in closed or one sided or half sided what ever you want. I did pay extra for the wind anchors because my neck of the woods is prone to high winds.
Don't squat with your spurs on.

SB farm
Power User
Power User

Re: Show barn

Post by SB farm » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 am

Yes, we already have one on our farm for a garage/shed. We paid the extra for longer supports and the wind package. We have had good luck with it. We ordered the one for the pigs yesterday. We are very excited to have a real show barn. Gonna spray foam it as well. Heard it really stiffened those building even more. Building and pens ordered and paid for. Now the wait........