Vendetta Pigs

All things showpig related, general show pig questions
Goreagteacher

Vendetta Pigs

Post by Goreagteacher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm

has anyone out there fed Vendetta barrows? We have one that is going through an awkward tall stage and I was wondering if that's typical for that bloodline?

sailfish
Power User
Power User

Re: Vendetta Pigs

Post by sailfish » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:18 pm

not going to be many pigs fed out of him yet since he really is just starting to be used. we are feeding one out of him now, i bought a late july born little greener type pig back in october. he was not much to look at muscle wise back then but after a good de-worming and feeding 18% he blew up in a three week period. at 130lbs now had to put him on a 16% because he was packing on the muscle too fast and getting tight. depending on the weight and age of your pig he may just be hitting a growth spurt and might need more to eat or a different ration for the growth stage or maybe all he needs is time to fill back out. i would start by injecting him with ivomectin de-wormer if you have not already done so in the last 30 days and increase his feed intake then re-evaluate in two weeks.

Goreagteacher

Re: Vendetta Pigs

Post by Goreagteacher » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks. We dewormed and put him back on a Ralco 18. Hes already looking better. He had been wormed recently but I had the vet give him the shot just in case.