little pigs again

Basic nutrition information, show pig, sow, and boar feeding advice
nutufootball

little pigs again

Post by nutufootball » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm

My bad. We are only 120 days out. It would be 196 if we held them for the next show. The one we want is just 120 days out. The first of August. Does that make more sense as to why I was a little concerned. Are we still ok with that date or will I need to worry about weight gain? And thank you so much to those that posted earlier. I got better help than from our feed store.

hampy622
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Post by hampy622 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:41 pm

when were these pigs born if they are jan or early to mid feb you should be fine.

drw
Boar Stud
Boar Stud

Post by drw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 am

I think they should still make it. Worm them if they haven't been wormed recently. I'd use Ivermectin now, and then follow up every 30 days or so with Atgard or Safeguard.
Make sure they have constant access to clean water. I'd run one or two bags of a good medicated starter feed through them and then go with a grower feed that has 18 to 20% protein.
If it's cold where you live, you might suspend a heat lamp over the sleeping area. Make sure they can't reach it, and take other precautions as needed to prevent fire. You may only need to have it turned on at night.